As part of the ArcReach technology platform, the heater is an accessory for select ArcReach welding power sources.
The induction heating tools (air-cooled cables or air-cooled quick wraps) connect to the ArcReach Heater, which is powered by select on-site welding power sources.
ArcReach Heater systems allow economical, insourced weld preheating
With ArcReach Heater systems you can:
• Eliminate the costly overruns common with heating contractors
• Eliminate delays due to transitions between heating and welding crews
• Run your own schedule without depending on third-party contractors
• Use existing on-site welding equipment up to 60 m away as the heating power source
• Lower preheating costs
• Automatically and accurately document joint temperatures
• Eliminate safety concerns caused by traditional open-flame heating
The ArcReach Heater air-cooled induction heating system is specifically designed for preheating and bake-out applications up to 315°C, without the need for a cooler and coolant. Temperature control programs can be manually entered or loaded via USB drive. Heating data is automatically recorded and can be saved for use in quality control and documentation needs. The air-cooled cables and quick wraps are manufactured from durable high-temperature materials, and designed to withstand the tough conditions in both industrial and construction applications.
With flexibility to fit a variety of pipe diameters and plate lengths.
Is maintained along and through the heat zone by using induction heat within the material. The surface of the part is not marred by localized conducted heat at higher than specified temperatures.
Is faster than conventional processes due to the method of applying heat, reducing cycle time.
Compatible ArcReach power sources include:
- XMT® 350 FieldPro™
- XMT® 350 FieldPro™ with Polarity Reversing
- Big Blue® 400X Pro
Induction Heating Equipment vs. Flame vs. Resistance
Weld preheating methods like flame and resistance send projects out of control:
- They’re expensive
- They’re time-consuming
- They increase safety risks
ArcReach® Heating Systems put you back in control. This induction heating equipment uses alternating electromagnetic currents to generate heat in workpieces, so welders can do their own preheating quickly and safely.